The County Officials Certificate Training Program (COCTP) is a comprehensive training program administered by CTAS.
COCTP is designed to provide specialized, technical and managerial training to elected officials and their employees in order to help them run their office more effectively. It also offers a comprehensive review of county government. CTAS believes that a broader understanding of the mechanics of county government will afford COCTP graduates a better knowledge of the county as an entity, which will help them to better serve their constituency. Graduates of COCTP will obtain a thorough understanding of county government and be designated with the title of Certified Public Administrator.
How to Enroll
To enroll in COCTP, click the button below to fill out the enrollment form:
After submitting your enrollment form, you will be contacted by email welcoming you into the program. That email will contain all of the information you need to get started on your journey to becoming a Certified Public Administrator.
Register for COCTP Classes
Use the steps below to register for COCTP classes. If you have trouble, please email email@example.com.
- Go to https://kate.tennessee.edu/ctas.
- If you have a k@te account, login.
- If you do not have a k@te account, please create one.
- Once logged in, click on Browse for Training.
- Click into the Search box at the upper right and enter your search terms and press enter on your keyboard.
- From the search results page, click the class you want to register for.
- Click on View Details for the class session you want to attend.
- Click Request.
$300 Enrollment Fee
|A one-time fee paid to enroll in the COCTP. Participants may enroll using k@te (the CTAS training environment).|
$300 Capstone Fee
|A one-time fee paid to attend the Capstone event of the COCTP. You will receive an invitation from CTAS notifying you of your eligibility.|
$100 Recertification Fee
|A yearly fee assessed to all officials and employees who obtain the Certified Public Administrator designation. It is valid for one year andmust be paid by September 1st of each year. This fee is waived during the first year of recertification due to attendance at the Capstone Event.|
The final component of COCTP is recertification. To retain the designation of Certified Public Administrator, you are required to complete 16 credits of continuing education each fiscal year (July 1 – June 30). There is a $100 recertification fee due on September 1 of every year. The fee is valid for one year. It is waived for the first year due to attendance at the Capstone event.
There are several ways you can earn the required 16 credits:
- Attend classroom or online training provided by CTAS throughout the year.
- Take training through other sources,including national, state, local, and professional associations.
- Take training offered at your county association meetings.
- Take training sessions offered by private sector organizations.
You must submit documentation of training completed from other sources to receive credit. Please use the button below to request recertification credits.
- Complete the recertification credit request form in its entirety. All fields are required.
- REQUIRED: You must attach a copy of the program brochure, outline, and/or agenda.
- Acceptable Documentation Examples:
- Certificate of Completion/Attendance
- Program or agenda
- Receipt of registration fee payment
- Confirmation email of registration
- Course handout
- Copy of course PowerPoint presentation
- Acceptable Documentation Examples:
- Submit the form and required supporting documentation.
- You will receive a copy of your submission via email.