Skip to main content

Purchase of Confiscated Vehicles and Surplus State Property

A county may purchase from the department of general services a motor vehicle that has been confiscated by the state alcoholic beverage commission, department of safety, or wildlife resources agency, including those seized by a county sheriff, deputy sheriff, or constable, for violations of the laws relating to intoxicating liquors, or narcotics and contraband drugs, or certain game and fish laws. The purchase must be made in the name of the county and for county government use.  T.C.A. § 12-2-201.  Counties may purchase other state surplus property in accordance with the provisions of T.C.A. § 12-2-407.