Program updates and changes are necessary for success and we are excited to announce the latest revision of the County Officials Certificate Training Program (COCTP). On July 1, 2022, new requirements to complete the COCTP as outlined below became effective.
Here are important things to know:
- The changes do not affect any participant that has enrolled and paid before July 1, 2022.
- There are no changes to Recertification.
- There are no changes to the COCTP fees.
Here is what changes:
Requirements to complete the certification
- Core classes –
- Participants must complete 7 Core classes.
- Of the 7 classes, 3 are now required
- County Government Overview
- County Operating Budget
- County HR Issues
- Electives now fit into 2 categories –
- County Electives (35 credits) provided by CTAS and approved providers deal specifically with County Government. This includes classes in the Finance Essentials Series and COCTP Electives Online from our website.
- Choice Electives (30 credits) provided by CTAS and approved providers but include classes that are not specific to county government in Tennessee. This includes classes on Leadership, Social Media, and Customer Service among others.
The requirements are outlined in the new COCTP brochure which is now available on the CTAS website.
If you wish to enroll in the County Officials Certificate Training Program, please click here: https://www.ctas.tennessee.edu/coctp-enrollment.